Monday, November 16, 2015

You may find me offensive, but I find you irrelevant.

It's been a while since I had the time to sit down and put my thoughts into writing, and I've sure missed it. To be honest, I seem to have the urge to write in the most inopportune times, like when I'm driving to work, or at the grocery store. Once I finally have a moment of silence in my A.D.D brain, the thought has left or I get writer's block, which is a real bitch. I want to steer this blog in the direction that my old blog from back in the Malevolent Moni Myspace days was headed...shorter postings, and more frequently. Bare with me while I attempt to make that transition.

I need to get some shit off my chest. 

On the first day of November, I started the most successful diet to date. It's the leftover Halloween candy diet. My flabby ass and cellulite have never been more happy, and I've never felt so guilty. Even my spawn have been surprised by my utter lack of self control when it comes to those little bite size Snickers bars. I could literally feel my blood sugar soaring to a level that a give-no-fucks diabetic would be proud of. 
The gym will be my home away from home this week, fo sho.

At the ripe old age of 31, I feel something stirring inside of me. I feel a very strong need for change and dare I say, an urge to completely rock the boat and cut a lot of people out of my life. I'm just tired of the negative energy that people put out and the drama that comes with them. I'm sick of fake people and their stupidity. Honestly, I just may be sick of YOU.

Let's talk about RESPECT.


Call me old fashioned, but if you and your hubby or significant other invite me over for dinner, or out for drinks, the last thing I want to do is bare witness to your relationship issues that should be handled in private, at home, behind closed doors. It's really fucking rude and uncomfortable for everyone involved to have watch you belittle and berate your partner. So, you think your husband is a pussy? You think he's stupid, or an idiot? You think your girlfriend dances like a slut, or says awkward things at the wrong time and it makes you uncomfortable? That's fine, think what you want. Whatever your opinion is of your mate, it is just that, your opinion. Don't you dare subject my partner and I to your utter lack of respect for them and your relationship. You won't ever see us behave in that manner because I have respect for you as my friend, and respect for my partner. Even more so, do not expect me to sit quietly by and tolerate your bullshit. I WILL tell you that you're acting like a cunt sac. If you truly can't stand the person YOU HAVE CHOSEN to spend your life with so much that you feel the need to put them down and make them the butt of every joke when we hang out, why don't you just keep your ass at home? Better yet, here's a novel idea: GET OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP, YOU MISERABLE FUCK. I'm over it, and you.

Let's talk about LOYALTY.


I know some pretty nasty secrets about some people, and to be frank, it makes me feel downright sick. As many of you know, my last relationship was very unhealthy and tumultuous for many reasons, but mostly because my ex didn't know how to be faithful and loyal to one person. Due to the mental anguish I went through both during, and after that time in my life, I have a very "black and white" view of how I believe one should behave when in a committed relationship. I find it very easy to be loyal to the man I love and I genuinely don't understand how someone can utter the words of love to someone and still have the need to wander and dabble in intimacy with someone outside of the relationship. It disgusts me to know that some of you feel the need to have a side piece, or backburner bitch, all the while you post nothing but lovey-dovey shit on your partner's Facebook for all of us to see. In case you were unaware, sneaking off on your lunch break to "just make out and chat" with an old flame THAT IS MARRIED, WITH CHILDREN is unacceptable. Sending dick pics to a married woman while your girlfriend is at work is not only trashy and immature, but downright ignorant and disrespectful. If you have a crush on someone and feel the need to comment "Damn, you're so sexy. Your man is one lucky dude. Too bad he tamed you before I had the chance to" or some other lame shit like that on every photo they post on social media, just stop. It's inappropriate and unnecessary. Chances are, their dude knows how lucky he is. He certainly doesn't need your pathetic, pussy vulture posts on some photos to confirm any bit of it. If you are doing anything that you feel you need to hide from your partner, you should stop. No matter how innocent you may believe it is, if you wouldn't approve of your partner doing it behind your back, you shouldn't do it either. It's that simple. If you're reading this and you just swallowed a big lump of guilt in your throat, I'm glad. In fact, it makes me clappy happy. You're nothing more than a whore to me and I have no respect for you. Think about what you're doing for a moment, and if for no other reason, consider what you will inevitably do to your children and the values you will be instilling into them. I know one thing that is certain; I'm ashamed to know you, so much so, that I will no longer call you my friend.

Let's talk about INTEGRITY.


I find it ironic to see so many people so quick to jump onto a bandwagon and have such a strong opinion about something that they have no real concept of what the truth may actually be. People are so quick to change their profile pics to certain flags or symbolism "to show their support" and stand for a cause, yet they don't change a damned thing in their day to day routine. I don't mean to make light of the tragic events that go on in the world around us, it makes me just as sad as the next person. My view is that if you truly care about people that are oppressed, tortured, mistreated, etcetera, stop and think about what you as an individual can do today to make someone else's life a little better. So, you want to help make this world a better place for us all? Why don't you start by doing something so small and selfless as to go out of your way and compliment someone you know may not being feeling too hot today. Better yet, hold the door for someone, even if it may inconvenience you for a mere 13 seconds. Smile at complete strangers, even when they may give you a dirty look.   
As a mother, I consistently insist that no matter what the situation may be, you should always be honest and do the right thing. It's a very simple set of principles. 

I'll give you an example:

A couple of months ago, the spawn and I got caught in the front line of a nasty storm that was moving in on our way home from school, so I decided to stop at Target until the worst of it passed. I parked the car, and just as I was beginning to say "The wind is really strong, don't fling your door open when you get out", I hear the unmistakable bang of my car door hitting the shiny red Dodge parked next to me. There was a pretty good ding in their door and my paint was chipped off, onto their red paint. At that moment, I had two choices. I could say, "Oops, it was an accident, and there's minor damage, so no biggie" and go inside and about my day like nothing happened, OR I could do the right thing and leave my info for the owner of the car just in case they wanted to get it fixed, because it was indeed my fault, regardless of the circumstances that caused the damage. At that moment, my decision not only affected that individual, but also my children. What lesson did I want to teach them? I obviously chose to leave my info and explained to my spawn why I did so. My son felt bad that I could be held financially accountable for something he had done, and I made sure to explain to him that even though it was done unintentionally, there were still consequences to those actions, and it's important to do the right thing. The lady that owned the car called me that evening, and thanked me for being an honest person. She appreciated that I could have very easily banged her car up and never said a word, but chose not to. She was also kind enough to not hold me liable for the damages. 

The point I'm trying to make with this is simple. Every single day, we have the choice to make this world a nicer, gentler, more loving place for us all, yet some people choose to leave their moralities and ethics behind and do what suits them and benefits them most instead. If you truly want to make a difference, start right here, in our community, and in your home. Stop posting pointless links to stories you haven't even bothered to read and memes highlighting how one particular race or religion is fucking this country or those people, and educate yourselves on what's really going on. Show kindness and try a little empathy for once. Be respectful to the people you choose to surround yourself with. You'll be amazed at the impact you can have on not only the people around you, but within yourself. Please remember that people of all genders, race, and creed are fucked up. We see it every single day.  Ask yourself this; Are you one of those people? What have you done today to make an attempt to change things? Do a little soul searching, and for fuck's sake...DO THE RIGHT THING


On an end note, I'm going to have myself a Snickers and then go do some Yoga. Enjoy the rest of your Monday, fuckers. 














No comments:

Post a Comment